Patient Forum

Print 
Yikes!
BrainTumor#1
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:39 PM

My two year MRI is coming up in a few weeks. I've been okay, I think it will be four years since the SRS to my meningioma. I think I have very mild symptoms, sometimes I can feel that area of my skull. I have pains in my eye that come and go, and the usual headaches but not as many or as severe, tho sometimes they are. I did have cataract surgery on both eyes probably hastened by the radiation, and lately I've been having flashing lights in the bottom of my vision so I guess before I think tumor I'll make sure it not detaching retina. It's been interesting, I've had a few incidences of face blindness early on, didn't recognize people I knew, so I'm assuming that was maybe mild edema, also I'd always park my car like three feet back from where it should be, so some spatial probs. and then all the things I can't remember right now!! Anyway, I'll report back after I have my MRI July 22nd wish me luck! Sue
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 4:05 AM

We always take great care to exclude the eyes from treatment, so it is rather unlikely that the cataracts were hastened by the CK treatment. The steroids are a more likely culprit if you took them for any period of time.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

BrainTumor#1
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:33 AM

You are right, forgot about the steroids!

Jump to different Forum...